Interested in some easy ways to cut costs around your home? We put together some easy to do tips that will help do just that!
- Keep closet doors closed. By checking that all closet doors are closed, you will help keep your heating and cooling costs down. By doing that it will help you avoid wasting heating or cooling areas that don’t need to be.
- No more coffee runs. While you might enjoy that fancy latte from downtown, it seriously adds up over time. Instead buy a small coffee machine that has options to create your drink of choice.
- No more bottled water. Fact: if you buy one pack of water every week at $5 per case, you’ll spend nearly $200 per year. That is a lot of money. If you aren’t a fan of tap water, buy a filter to attach to the faucet or a filtered pitcher.
- Turn it down. By lowering the temperature of your water heater setting to 120 degrees you reduce your energy costs. You’ll save around $30 annually with each 10-degree reduction.
- Shop the deals. When it’s time to buy the expensive items like the TV or furniture, make sure you do some research and shop when the best deals are available. You don’t want to end up buying an item only to find out you could have gotten it for much cheaper a month or two later.
General tips are taken from the below sources and are not independently verified by Champion Energy. Dollar and usage savings are estimates and are based on, but not limited to the following: home profile information, performance assumptions, third-party resources, and the average regional cost for electricity. Savings are not guaranteed, are subject to change, and may vary.