With the warm weather, now is the perfect time to get outside, especially when you are having family and friends over. The summer weather may cause people to use more electricity, especially when trying to cool your home. We put together a few tips that may help you lower your electric usage, while you have a blast outside.
- Switch to LED bulbs for outside lighting. Do you have a well-lit backyard? Upgrade to LED bulbs to keep it well-lit while using less energy than incandescent bulbs. This alone could help you save hundreds of dollars over the summer.
- No more zapper. Bugs during the summertime are such a buzzkill! Although you might want to use the electric bug zapper, go for a citronella candle instead to keep the bugs out.
- Fire up the grill. This is the perfect time to enjoy food cooked on the grill. Cooking your dinner for the evening on the grill is an energy-efficient way to prepare food.
- Shut down the AC while you’re outside. Stop wasting energy cooling your house when you are spending time outside. Instead turn the AC back on about 30 minutes before you plan on coming back in.
- Allow the shade. Utilize the natural shade from the trees in your yard to keep cool from the summer sun.
Get everyone together and enjoy the summer in your backyard, while using less electricity inside the house.
General tips are taken from the below sources and are not independently verified by Champion Energy. Dollar and usage savings are estimates and are based on, but not limited to the following: home profile information, performance assumptions, third-party resources, and the average regional cost for electricity. Savings are not guaranteed, are subject to change, and may vary.