The temperature is rising… but don’t let your energy use rise with it! Here are some energy saving tips that can be very useful this summer.
- Invest in curtains. During the warmer parts of the day, block out the sun’s rays with curtains, shades, or blinds. This will keep the temperature down in the house and the suns heat out.
- Turn on the bathroom fan. While in the shower, use the bathroom fan to help remove the heat and humidity from the room.
- Clear the way. If you have central air conditioning in your home, check all registers and ensure they are clear of obstructions like furniture or drapes. This is also the perfect time to use your handheld vacuum and remove dust buildup.
- Grill please. Enjoy the summer nights with a delicious meal cooked on the grill. When you say no to cooking inside, you keep the kitchen temperature down by not using the oven or stove.
- Seal it in. Use caulk around the house as a way of sealing in cool air. By closing all openings, especially around the windows, you will keep out unwanted hot air.